I also use the VO decaleur that mounts in the headset stack, paired with a
Nitto Mark's rack and an Acorn rando bag, all on a 55cm Sam. The system
works brilliantly, even off pavement. The combination of the decaleur,
tombstone loop on the bag, and four under-bag velcro straps is rock solid.

The VO decaleur is an inexpensive part that works perfectly.