Hi Paul,
I ride pretty upright most of the time with my hands on the end of the bar
.But if I'm climbing I grab on to the front of my Albatross bars  which
shifts my weight and I'm leaning over not quite horizontal towards the
front. Not as much as if I were in the drops of my road bike. In either
position I'm comfortable .I've only ridden my B-17 three times and I have
no pain or discomfort after 30 plus miles/ride. I've made minor adjustments
to the nose of the saddle each  ride. Hope that helps.It's a great saddle.