Weight! Weight! Weight! Sounds like my (skinny and tall) 13-year-old
daughter (alas).

I just weighed my Fargo: just under 33 lb with at-least-3-lb saddlebag and
contents; this is the off road equivalent of a 58 cm frame. All bolt on
accessories, which for this one amounts to 4 nylon bottle cages and clip on
light mounts. (Lights clip on; mounts bolt or strap on.)

Gofast: weighed sans bag: 17.24 lb; the same digital suitcase scale very
nicely took off .24 lb since the last time I weighed it and I hope for
further reductions. All bolt-on accessories.

Didn't weight the Ram or the commuter, but guess ~25 lb and ~23 lb, no bags
but with lights and all bolt on accessories.

On Fri, Oct 24, 2014 at 5:33 PM, DS <davecst...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Finally got around to this:
>
> 48cm Hunqapillar w/ 2.1 smart sams, standard build kit w/ albastache bars,
> front nitto mini rack, and 2 water bottle cages (without water bottles):
> 28.4 lbs
> 55cm Cheviot with standard build kit, shimano dynohub, luxos b light,
> nitto mini front rack, pletscher rear rack, dyno tail light, water bottle
> cage, walde medium basket, bell, sks fenders - 38 lbs. 42 lbs with lock and
> sackville shopsack
>
> Also, for comparison, Gunnar sport with front nitto mini rack, 2x9 shimano
> 105 drivetrain (brifters), 2 water bottle cages (empty) - 23 lbs
>
> I have to say, i love the cheviot, its new, but hauling a 40 lb bike up
> and down steps and through a tight storage area that needs me to basically
> almost lift it up over my head to get out, and then up and down the BART
> stairs is a huge pain in the ass. I may need to balance it out with some
> sub 20 lb fixie bike with zero attachments.
>
> On Sunday, August 3, 2014 1:04:20 PM UTC-7, lungimsam wrote:
>>
>> Since there has been curiosity about peoples' complete bikes' and/or
>> frames' weights, I figured it would be fun to reveal how much our Rivbikes
>> weigh.
>>
>> Would be informative to know:
>> 1. Model
>> 2. Framesize
>> 3. Weight of complete build, or your frameset. (Including
>> fenders/bottlecages/racks/lights/bells
>> is ok since dismantle-ization would be unfair to expect of a complete
>> build. But no bags/bottles on board, please).
>> 4. Build list, if you feel up to all that typing. Would be fun to see
>> what everyone is hanging on their Rivs anyway. But that is a lot to ask and
>> not expected.
>>
>> I would start, but I have to go home and weight the bikes first.
>> So I will try to report back soon with my Sam and Bleriot weights.
>>
>> And if you guys feel strongly about this being inappropriate for
>> Riv-culture, please delete the thread, but don't run me outta the forum on
>> a rail. This is all intended in good fun and info-purposes.
>>

>  --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*************************************
  * "Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never
was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it.
Where is there a place for you to be? No place.*
* "Nothing outside you can give you any place," he said. "You needn't to
look at the sky because it's not going to open up and show no place behind
it. You needn't to search for any hole in the ground to look through into
somewhere else. You can't go neither forwards nor backwards into your
daddy's time nor your children's if you have them. In yourself right now is
all the place you've got. If there was any Fall, look there, if there was
any Redemption, look there, and if you expect any Judgment, look there,
because they all three will have to be in your time and your body and where
in your time and your body can they be?*
* "Where in your time and your body has Jesus redeemed you?" he cried.
"Show me where because I don't see the place. If there was a place where
Jesus had redeemed you that would be the place for you to be, but which of
you can find it?”     -- *Flannery O'Connor,* Wise Blood  *