The Spry comes in a nice looking silver.  How far does it stick out
from the crankarm as compared to the VP-001 "Thin Gripster"?  List
price is similar.  I'm already using a 20mm Kneesaver pedal extender
so I wouldn't want the pedal to be closer to the crankarm.

http://www.xpedo.com/products/pedals/platform/144/spry

On Sat, Oct 25, 2014 at 5:27 AM, Richard <rlh3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've been riding with the thin gripster pedals for about 5 months now.
> During the summer months in Merrell sandals, and sneakers and socks now that
> the weather is cooler. The VP001 pedals weight 360 grams. I also own the
> Xpedo Spry pedals which weight 243 grams, or 117 grams lighter than the
> Gripsters. I'm certainly no weight-weenie, but lower weight in rotating mass
> is a plus. They're super light and the platform is huge.
>
> Platform pedals with pins have transformed my riding. The grip is fantastic,
> even when wet. The only way my foot comes off the pedal, is if I lift it
> off. My pedal stroke is stronger riding naked, I'll never go back to SPD's
> or any other foot retention system.
>
> Richard

Keep the metal side up and the rubber side down!