I used a bb lockring on the Suzue hub freewheel threading to make it more
difficult for a fixed sprocket to back itself off.   Worked fine.

But, I was still using the rim brakes rather than engaging in high-pressure
backpedaling to stop.

Since switched to a Phil which is fixed/free and now use a standard fixed
lockring setup.

- Jim / cyclofiend.com