I like my Ram very much (and got a splendid deal from Mr. Whalen, to whom
thanks again) but two handling quirks make me pause and think.

The first and worst is the way it wanders on steep, slow climbs,
particularly with 20 lb or more in back, when I am sitting back and pushing
a low gear. It's hard to keep it tracking straight. I don't notice this
with my other bikes. (I often stand and climb, so even this is not a huge
problem

Second, and far less important, is that it does not "turn in" to corners as
quickly or nimbly as my customs.

If I were to get a lower trail fork made for it, could I expect less such
wandering when seated and climbing steeply?

What would such a lower trail fork do to the turn-in?

I would take the opp to get low rider mounts brazed on any new fork, too.

Thanks.

Patrick Moore, who is going to try some gratuitous seated climbing today
just to check the handling again, in Rio-Rancho-near-Albuquerque, NM.

Thanks.

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*************************************
  * "Where you come from is gone, where you thought you were going to never
was there, and where you are is no good unless you can get away from it.
Where is there a place for you to be? No place.*
* "Nothing outside you can give you any place," he said. "You needn't to
look at the sky because it's not going to open up and show no place behind
it. You needn't to search for any hole in the ground to look through into
somewhere else. You can't go neither forwards nor backwards into your
daddy's time nor your children's if you have them. In yourself right now is
all the place you've got. If there was any Fall, look there, if there was
any Redemption, look there, and if you expect any Judgment, look there,
because they all three will have to be in your time and your body and where
in your time and your body can they be?*
* "Where in your time and your body has Jesus redeemed you?" he cried.
"Show me where because I don't see the place. If there was a place where
Jesus had redeemed you that would be the place for you to be, but which of
you can find it?”     -- *Flannery O'Connor,* Wise Blood  *