Hmm... except that it only happens sometimes, and what I've noticed is that
whenever I reshape the arc radius I sometimes unintentionally also
introduce a twist problem.  I suspect it's because one edge has a slightly
different arc radius than the other edge. The question becomes, how to
correct. I don't have a solution.  It's pretty easy to adjust the arc
radius by grabbing both rolled edges and either pinching or stretching the
fender (as I've illustrated in flickr and posted in various fender-related
posts), but doing it to one side and not the other to correct for twist is
indeed a challenge which I have not solved.