Bo,

My Ram is a 58 and  I like it setup with Schwalbe Supreme 700x32 & SKS P45
fenders.    https://www.flickr.com/photos/desert-lake/8396464753/

SKS p45 with Schwalbe Delta Cruiser 700x37(35c)  on Mavic Open Pros (narrow
rim 15 inner width and 19.6 outer width) ---- worked for a while, but with
leaves and some occasional mud, i got tired of hearing noises.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/desert-lake/6921629545/

without fenders, i could fit 37-38 tires, but I prefer to ride it with
28-33 tires.

I tried to mount SKS P35 fenders with Continental 4 season 700x28 tires on
HED Belgium rims (23mm), couldn't do it, the fenders were not wide enough.