I am intrigued by the route but hough the trip sounds very appealing, it
also sounds very daunting.
For example this from http://velodirt.com/the-oregon-outback/:
 ... At the longest no-water section we each carried 2+ gallons of water.

Yet Jan Heine did it on a rando bike, and several riders did it in about a
day and a half.

In another thread several posters say they are planing to do the ride next
season. If some of them would comment on how much stuff they plan to carry
and how they deal with water I would appreciate it. I am not sure how I
would go about hauling 2+ gallons on my bike. Grocery panniers and a milk
jug on either side?