I love the simple look of that bike. Pedals and cables will add to the
functionality, I guess, but it won't be as sleek.
I really do love the look of the single top tube, horizontal, with bars at seat
height. It is what so many of us grew up looking at, I guess. Not too much seat
post or stem, either.
I remember reading Grant  once saying something about the distance from the
front tire to the dt should be the same as the rear tire to the st. Symmetry is
beauty, in the eye of many beholders, me included. I know of the functionality
of longer chain stays on Riv's newer bikes, but you lose that one little
detail.

Post more once you clutter it up with cranks and whatnot.

Edwin