My brother who rides all through the winter in Western Mass loves the
Outdoor Research Mutant Mitts.  They're big but for really cold weather,
they work well.  They're kinda like lobster mitts but it's your thumb, your
fore finger (trigger finger with these gloves) and then the remaining
three.  If your trigger finger gets cold you can tuck it in with the other
three.  List is nearly 200 bucks but someone on ebay is selling surplus for
much less.  I bought a pair in XXL but haven't used them for riding yet.