10 years ago, with, admittedly, stock and relatively close-ratio cassettes,
I very happily shifted 10 speed cassettes with Retrofrictions. In all cases
the lovely 7400 series Dura Ace rds (well, actually, the 13-27 Fargo has a
very nice Nashbar road rd -- forget their trade name).

OTOH, I've happily shifted 9 wide-ranged cogs with Silvers and PowerRatchet
BES with long-cage, old, XT rds.