The easiest thing is no cyclometer.  The second easiest thing is to use the
700x23 default number for your 650bx42 (both have a nominal radius of
334mm) Then ride a known distance and adjust accordingly.  I've used the
track at the high school.  4 laps = 1 mile.  I've used the painted mile
stripes at the bike path.  Deacon is right about load affecting things, but
your tire pressure also can.  A 1% error in radius means a 1% error in your
distance and 3mm of extra drop because you are running your tires softer
than usual is a 1% error in radius.  Getting better than 1% accurate is
probably not worth the effort.

On brevets, a 1 mile discrepancy between your computer and the cue sheet
can EASILY be partially due to the cue sheet.  A very noble, very generous
volunteer made that cue sheet, using his cyclometer.  S/he is not perfect
either.