That looks ideal. On the offchance that you keep track of older purchases:
Do you recall what the widget's French name is? I'm assuming it was a
common part, but only in France (for perma-mounting fenders on 700c frames
without predrilled brake bridges, perhaps). But given the current run of
listings on eBay.fr, I'm guessing that anyone who's selling these has no
idea what they are, so it'll be hard to ferret out.

Peter Adler
who wishes he had one of these *right now* to get a rear fender on before
Stormageddon II: Apocalypse of the Drought-Stricken hits in
Berkeley, CA/USA