Spring is great time to come out. Weather will be predictably
unpredictable. Last year it was nearly 90 American for the RSR, but damp
and drizly the next weekend. No weekend is better/worse for everyone, so
throw a dart at the calendar and see what happens!

As for tires, I actually ride pretty thin tires and live with the
consequences. Most of my punctures don't need to be replaced in the field,
they end up as slow leaks I need to deal with the next day. The big trick
is knowing what the things look like and trying to avoid them. That means
if you see a patch of green anywhere, try not to ride over it, as it could
be goathead!

Stick with the Sams, maybe run some tubes filled with Stans or Orange Seal.
Stay out of gutters and where any water runoff accumulates and hope for the
best!!!

On Fri, Jan 9, 2015 at 9:23 PM, Deacon Patrick <lamontg...@mac.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Doug. I'm not worried about the terrain and my ability to ride it,
> just the ability of my tires to handle the goat heads. I see you lot
> constantly fixing flats. I haven't had one since I got the Hunqapillar. Now
> I've said it, I'm doomed. Grin.
>
> With abandon,
> Patrick
>
>  --

Cheers,
David

Member, Supreme Council of Cyberspace

"it isn't a contest. Just enjoy the ride." - Seth Vidal