I've used Hydrophane Darkening Oil on both my Brooks saddles and had
great results. I've used it on our Saddleback Leather bags as well. It
goes on easily and darkens with each application. It's completely
clear and has no dyes. It's available online and at most tack supply
shops. I've also used Obenaufs and Proofide. They'll darken too, but
not as much as the Hydrophane.

Incidentally, I'm considering removing the brown bar tape that
Rivendell put on my new AHH and replacing it with yellow and shellac.
I have the B.17 Special in honey and would like to match it a bit
closer. I'm just a bit nervous since I've never done bar tape or
twine.

Jinxed - are you in Colorado?