There is lots more data - Bicycle Quarterly has published numerous articles
on tire performance:

http://www.bikequarterly.com/BQ_subject_index.html

The "sweet spots" are real – we did a statistical analysis to make sure it
wasn't just noise in the data – but they also depend on the road surface.
So unless you develop a system that allows you to change your tire pressure
as you ride (and somehow determines what the optimum pressure is for the
surface you are riding on), the take-home message is: "Don't stress about
tire pressure."

Jan Heine
Editor
Bicycle Quarterly