This is not a Rivendell event per se, but it has grown as a direct
extension of the SoCal Riv Rides that have been happening for the last four
years or so. Most everyone on this list would be comfortable and have a
good time here! Not to mention, Rivendell bikes are the perfect all-rounder
type rides for this route! This is the second running of it, and the hope
down the line is to turn it into a known commodity for event rides and
fundraisers, similar to the D2R2. Be part of the early stage so you can
look back fondly and say "I rode that back in 2015!"

Most of the SoCal people that are coming in usually come down for the day.
Out of the area folks have options for motels, but we should be able to
find enough rooms, sofas, or tent space for you to spread out in for the
night. We're hoping to have a Friday night pre-ride party, as well as a
bonus ride in the foothills on Sunday. So really a whole weekend of bike
awesomeness!

It's also what I would consider a family/spouse/SO-friendly event. Riders
that aren't up for the full 100 or 50km can ride with you for the start and
then easily peel off back to town. Those not riding can wander about the
125 year old downtown, walk or ride through quaint Craftsman, Arts and
Crafts, and Victorian neighborhoods, catch a movie in the beautiful
Krikorian theater, browse the Smiley Library, or find a ready stool or
booth to spend the afternoon on. Some combination of the above should
accommodate just about everyone!

After-ride party on Saturday afternoon is family friendly, with a great
vibe permeating it.

Pictures from last year if you don't believe me:
https://www.flickr.com/groups/redlands-strada-rossa/

Registration opened up yesterday. The cost is $35 which includes a year's
membership in the IEBA (Inland Empire Biking Alliance)
<http://iebikingalliance.org/> which normally goes for $25. That's a good
thing, and it goes 100% to getting more people on bikes in Inland Southern
California, and to keeping them safer and happier when they get on them!
This is put together and manned by volunteers, and all the income is going
straight back into the organization.

Registration is here:
http://www.iebikingalliance.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=961736&item_id=398762

Facebook updates & info: https://www.facebook.com/events/1562664113989341/

Event blog: http://redlands-strada-rossa.blogspot.com/

Directions from closest Metrolink station: http://goo.gl/maps/ImYWJ
<http://goo.gl/maps/ImYWJ>

I hope to see many of you there. I'll be the guy frantically running around
in circles!