I wish I could, Bill. All I know is that I told Keven at Rivendell I
wanted a single speed setup and they suggested using the Surly
Singleator. And no, it's not an old derailleur; everything is brand
new.

As a novice all I know is that I get on and go. Very simple and easy
to ride. That's what I was after and it's delivering in spades.