I've hosed it down with WD already and it's sitting in a bucket of
paint thinner now.  I don't have access to a parts washer, but I
assume that it would circulate better than my bucket of paint thinner.

If the innards are plastic that should bode well to cleaning it up, I
would think.  But I guess we'll see.