David,

Having owned both the LHT, A Bruce Gordon Rock 'n' Road, and the Orange
Vaya (it is the fastest color), the Vaya seems to me to feel the most
sprightly unladen.  I haven't ever loaded it up with the crazy heavy weight
I put on my LHT, but with 4 day loads, it rides well, but not slugglishly.

I now mostly ride mine on the local bike trails and some washboard dirt
roads, and I love it...
I hate to say it, but it really is pulling neck and neck with the El
Mariachi to be the "If I could only keep one of my bikes" bike.

-Thomas