Z,

Thanks for this exposition. I understand this approach. The downside of it
is that to get it right you must do some trig to keep track of the
variation in the tangent force magnitude. The tension in the straddle wire
increase the flatter it gets. Of course you never get near the theoretical
infinity but it does increase, and to get the right answer from your
approach you have to keep track of that and balance it correctly with the
variations of alignment with your axis tangent.

Please consider another approach that I think is simpler, particularly if
you want qualitative insight.
Keep the other half of the brake in the back of your mind. It's important
because it balances the side forces that are inherent in any feasible
straddle cable.
In stead of decomposing the cable force into axial and tangent (or
perpendicular), go with up and sideways. You do this with both the straddle
and the arm.
The vertical component of tension in the two halves of the straddle wire
must balance the tension in the brake cable. Call the brake cable tension
T, then the up force one each brake arm is T/2. This is true regardless of
what the straddle cable height is, and that fact is what gives this
approach its advantage.
Now unless the straddle cable is vertical there will be a side force
towards the centerline of the bike. The flatter the cable the larger the
force.
To get the torque about the pivot post, decompose the brake arm axis into
sideways and upwards components (dx and dy if you like). The net torque is
the sum of the up force times the sideways offset plus the side force times
the upwards offset.
The part of the torque from the up force times the sideways offset does not
change when you alter the straddle wire height.
The part of the torque from the side force times the sideways offset always
helps and always get larger when you lower the straddle wire.
Q.E.D.

Furthermore, if you look at the sideways and upwards offset lengths of
different brakes in light of what you know about the forces induced on them
by the straddle cable you get an accurate intuitive sense of what is going
on.
With 720s or Neo-Retros the sideways offset is sizable and the vertical
offset is small. Because of this these brakes are relatively insensitive to
changes in straddle cable height.
With low profile brakes like the Paul Touring model the sizes of the
sideways and upward offsets are about reversed. They need the sideways
force from the flatter straddle cable to generate significant torque, and
the torque you get depends quite a bit on the straddle height.

High profile cantilevers do not need a high straddle wire to maximise
leverage, on the contrary raising the straddle wire always reduces the
leverage.
High profile cantilevers need high straddle wires to clear the
tire/fender/rack. Luckily the leverage they get is relatively insensitive
to straddle wire height so raising the straddle to clear whatever you need
to clear is not a problem.