Hey Jim. Sorry to hear of your injury. Sounds like I had the same surgery as
you will be having. I was involved in a hit and run and tore my labrum. I would
like to say it was an easy recovery, but it wasn't. I had the surgery in
November and finished pt in February. I went three times a week in the
beginning and twice at the end. I was back cycling in May.  I did make
adjustments to the bike, raised the stem and rode with albatrosses. The key was
getting weight off the shoulder for the first few weeks.
     My advice to you is to never miss pt. it's painful but in the end it keeps
your shoulder from freezing. Keep on  top of the pain. I'm not one for using
narcotics for pain but it's necessary. I used to take one right after pt,
without it sleep is not happening. The only benefit from the whole accident was
receiving a small settlement from which I was able to buy my Atlantis. Good
luck.  Bill