> Patrick, yeah. same boat over here. she's already asking me about bags and
> baskets and easy first trips. it's cool. i think your wife will love hers.

Steve, i actually bought a b67 off of the group for the same curiosity
reasons, but havent received it yet.  ive only ever ridden b17s, which i
love until about the 40 mile mark.  i got this one for dana a while back
and she loves it. i've tried it out a few times and it does offer
noticeable cushion, both from the width and the springs.  others could
probably give you a more historically based comparison