Getting a rim with the same ERD ("Effective Rim Diameter?") is a really
good idea. It makes the replacement dead simple - tape the new rim to the
old rim, and move the spokes over, one at a time. Untape the rims, recycle
the old one, and tension the spokes in the new rim.

I've replaced a couple rims, and was able to get different rims with the
same ERD pretty cheaply. Once through luck, and once through internet
research and luck. A couple mm fudge factor is considered okay, but I like
to err on the side of exactly right.

Philip
www.biketinker.com