I forgot to mention that Bend Velo in Bend Oregon is thinking of making and
selling my basket design. Talk to Eric.

     On Tuesday, March 10, 2015 4:39 PM, 'clayton bailey' via RBW Owners Bunch
<rbw-owners-bunch@googlegroups.com> wrote:

 It would be very lengthly to explain how to make your own. Hopefully with
these photos and video it will be clear enough to make yourself. No I won't
make them. The hook is made from aluminum, but I already had it. If I was to
make it from scratch, I'd use steel. Front prongs are aluminum too. I just bent
them in a vice and sandwiched the wires of the basket with a piece on the
opposite side. I filed small grooves in the aluminum to encapsulate the wire so
they would not slide loose. The strap that I pop riveted the buckle to with
steel rivets is stainless steel, 3/4" x 0.25 strips that I bought at the local
hobby store. It is bent back on itself so that there is three layers between
the wires that hold the buckle. That whole wrap job is also bent at the middle
to provide the proper cam action for the buckle. See the side view. I peened
down the rivets with a hammer a little bit to improve appearance. I hope the
video works.Clayton (Bend)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fireman483/sets/72157650867713900/
|   |
|  |