Dave,
There is much good advice here already.  My main bikes are a 58cm LHT with
Albatross and a 56 Atlantis with noodles.  The Surly set up came first, and
I had discovered a sweet spot up in the bends of the Albatross for comfort
on longer and faster rides.  When I set up the noodles on the Atlantis, I
took measurements first of the Surly with Albatross bars (bar height
relative to saddle, distance to saddle, etc). I then set up the Atlantis so
that the position of my hands on the brake hoods was the same distance to
the bends on the Albatross bars.  To get the reach right, I used a dirt
drop stem with the noodles.
All the best,
Erl