Before you take the bike apart, you might just take it to to a small
welding shop.  You could probably ride the bike to a good shop with a TIG
welder and get it fixed with minimal paint damage.  Then, take a very small
brush and apply some enamel paint.  Boom, done.  A TIG weld is a high
quality weld.  Should last forever.