It does say "subject to change without notice" on those;  and we know they
changed from Toyo to W'ford anyway....

FWIW...

As far as to why, I'll leave it to Grant to improve, not hurt, the
design...    not that earlier would be 'inferior', but, over time, he's
increased clearances on bikes, and tweaked them where needed to improve...