dougP,

Darn you.  It entered my head.  "I wish I was an Oscar Meyer
Wiener...Everyone would be in love with me."

I am attacking back.

 "A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed. "

 Just try and get that out of your head.  So there!

In the late 1950's, "Little Oscar" and "Engineer Bill" (a local, Los
Angeles children's show persona with cartoons and model railroad trains on
his show) teamed up for an event at our local Safeway (Mar Vista,
California).  They gave hot dogs in buns to kids and had a line to sit on
Engineer Bill's lap (suspicious about that) and, based on a random timer,
potentially win a HO train set component.  Eight year old me rode my maroon
Bianchi 3 speed to the event.  Somehow, I managed to win a Varney boxcar
kit when the timer went off at a time when my parents could never have
afforded a railroad set of us kids.

Looking back, the Bianchi 3 speed, which my mother obtained at a May
Company outlet store sale, was a Rivish bike.

"On the red light you stop, on the green light you go, because no engineer
would ever run a red light".

In the green light intervals, Engineer Bill exhorted TV audience children
to gulp milk.  On the red light, you had to put it down.  The powdered milk
and whole milk mixture my depression era mother concocted for the "Engineer
Bill Show" was not that pleasant.

Little Oscar was a mean looking runt and his only attraction to me was that
he traveled around in the Wienermobile.

Liesl, you do seem to have the most interesting encounters with the out of
the ordinary with that very cool bike.  Please continue.

Best regards,

Tom