So here is my "can I convert a 27"wheel to 26" wheel?" project bike.  The
answer is "yes" - thanks to those bigTektro beach cruiser brakes which have
been mentioned on other threads herein.  I even think it looks pretty cool
and rides just great.

Then RBW just had to show me an anthracite Clem Smith Jr.; and so to avoid
divorce and partially fund my dream bike, I'm offering the 420 up for sale.
 I prefer PP. Shipping charges would apply, or I can work something out to
deliver from Kansas City to St. Louis.  All of the non-stock components are
new, nearly new, or very very good condition. Check out the pics of the 26"
configuration and original catalog page here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/124629332@N02/sets/72157651417943956/

http://www.vintage-trek.com/images/trek/85TrekSport.pdf

I will sell it any one of several ways:
- *Stock / All Original Components (minus original rack and saddle) *but
with new Kenda 1 3/8" knobby tires (I also have the original tires, which
were on it when i bought this bike.  they barely show any wear, ie this
bike was never ridden much and the condition shows that it was treated very
kindly.  The original front wheel could use a truing as it is slightly out
of round. *$150 *plus shipping.

*- 650b converter's delight: *dead stock original PLUS a set of RIV
"SILVER" brakes in excellent condition:  *$250* plus shipping.  (sadly, the
silvers don't work for 26" or 27" wheels)

*- 26" NITTO / BROOKS / Velo Orange Poor Man's Riv *in the 26"
configuration including new Grip King pedals, Tektro brakes, new Michelin
Country Rock 1.75" tires, Brooks B17 aged, Nitto dirt drop stem and Nitto
B132 rando bars, Tektro TRP RRL levers, and a new Sunrace thumbie, new
Vuelta MUSA 38t chainring and new 6-sp Shimano Mega-range cassette, new
chain, and a new Riv gray cable set still in the bag.  Also includes a new
rear wheel built: a beautiful Velo Orange high-flange freewheel hub (126mm)
laced to a Velocity NoBS rim by Ben's Cycle of Milwaukee.  36h and appears
bomb-proof.    The only stuff NOT included is the front wheel that I
borrowed from another bike and that beautiful grid grey xs saddlebag
(although anything is negotiable).  Otherwise as-pictured AND includes all
the original parts to return the bike to dead stock condition including the
old and new 27" tires.   *$500 *plus shipping.

- somewhere in between.  maybe someone will want the stock bike and someone
else will want the other stuff.  maybe you want the awesome rear wheel that
was hand-built with love and those Tektros that will let you convert your
own 27" whip.  we can talk.

Feel free to contact me on or off list.  Thanks for watching.