All, I really appreciate your thoughtful responses.  I am moving back
towards using the Romulus.  I put a fine 50 miles on it on Sunday at the
pace I'd like to ride for the first 200K brevet and couldn't think of a
complaint. Thoughts and worries about how it was working pretty much just
disappeared from my mind and I just enjoyed the ride.  I'm going to put the
Mark's rack on it and my Berthoud bag and see how it does on another 50+
ride before the events just to work out any kinks with the bag and make
sure I'm comfortable with the handling. Otherwise, I feel like I've got the
right tool for the job.