On Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 9:10:12 AM UTC-7, cyclot...@gmail.com wrote:

> The vintage requirement is a touch precious, but I get it as it keeps the
> Strava crowd from showing in force on their MCRBs
>
> I had a great time, riding my Eisentraut with Joe and others. The course
was challenging but beautiful.

With all due respect, it's not "precious". Without the vintage requirement,
it's just a ride. If it's just a ride, you don't see 20 Jack Taylors, a '58
Cinelli ridden by the original owner who bought it at the factory, a flock
of Italians riding early 20th century race bikes, or many other great
historic bikes. Those things may not interest you, in which case, don't
participate. But it's no more "precious" than any other group of vintage
vehicle enthusiasts, perhaps even less so considering that this group
sweats a lot to enjoy their hobby.

jim m
wc ca