My perfect number of bikes is a JoNes Plus ;)

 I initially set up the bike with (tubed) Super Motos to see how it faired as a
more road-orientated bike, and I was blown away by how fast, comfortable and
stable it was, once I got the cockpit setup properly. I've since been riding it
with 3" Bontrager Chupacabras and am very pleased with how well those roll on
the road for my commuting, but the real joy is unleashing it on the trails and
gravel. It's amazing how much ease you can ride with in the 29+ setup, has to
be experienced to really be understood. The 38's on my Sam now feel strikingly
skinny and I really can't imagine riding a tire skinnier than 60mm and above 20
PSI anymore. Fatter is better, and definitely no slower!

I'm going to put together a second wheelset soon and try to run the Super Motos
tubeless, and I'm hoping it will be noticeably faster/funner than before.
Tubeless really seems like the way to go to me, just so much less hassle and a
nicer ride at lower pressure than the clincher approach, it seems. Before
someone chirps in with "it's not a race, just enjoy the ride. . ." I'll make a
pre-emptive strike and say that some of us are in a state of enjoyment when
riding fast, though not in competition with some Peloton Freds!

As much fun as I've had in the thousands and thousands of miles on my
Rivendells, I think Jeff Jones has just made a punctuated equillibrium-type
jump in the biking world with this design. It seems to be a more than capable
bikepacking bike, a plenty agile and stout mountain bike, and a freakishly fast
all-road bike, all-in-one.