I am delighted to hear about your riding and health improvements! Fantastic
ride, Bob! Your weight difference is similar to mine. I dropped from 280 to
190 four years ago when I shifted to paleo (and now ketogenic). I'm at 200
now, I suspect because of increased leg muscle (I'm actually leaner round
the waist). For rides longer than 50 miles, I take a block of cheese, but
almost never touch it. That may change as I head for 200K distances. I
don't eat breakfast and often don't even have a creamed coffee or tea
before I ride, so I'm riding fasted from dinner the night before and feel
great the entire ride.

Keep loving your QB and Hunqapillar! They are an amazing two-bike combo!

With abandon,
Patrick