I commute with a Carradice Super C. For years I used the following setup
without any major issues:
1. The q/r mechanism of the bagman and an axiom journey rack on my main
commuting bike, a Sam Hillborne
2. A bagman expedition q/r on the Brompton I use for backup

Carradice recently came out with this
http://www.carradice.co.uk/index.php?page_id=product&under=range&product_id=136
The maximum weight is 6 kg vs 10 for the bagman, but I bought one anyway
and have been using it successfully for a few months now.
Commuting loads, not groceries.

Jay