I have bar-ends on my Midge setup and am pretty happy with it. The bar ends add
a little more room for my hands in the drops. I used Shimano bar-ends as they
are a little shorter than the Silver ones.

Never had a problem with the shifters hitting my knees but I have the bars up
high dirt drop style.

It does make for a wide cockpit though.

- Dan

Marin, CA