I probably sounded sarcastic when I asked my question, and sorry if so. But
my question is serious: what are the step by steps to keeping the Twofish
cage from rotating on a seat tube? I've tried all sorts of add-on cages,
and the TF is the best -- *except* that I couldn't keep it from rotating
under a 28 oz bottle.

Not for seat tube? Wet surfaces before mating? Clean I understand.

If I can get one to work properly, I'll buy at least 2 more.

Thanks.

I wrote a few days ago:

*Robert: If I can discover how to strap a TwoFish to my seat tube (not seat
post!) so that it doesn't rotate when I remove the bottle, I'll buy another
one to replace the one I sold. In all but one crucial thing I found it the
ideal solution to stupidly having a frame built with only down tube bottle
cage mounts.*

*What is the trick to mounting it securely to a seat tube? Can you describe
clearly (imagine you are talking to someone slightly dimwitted and with no
mechanical talent -- details, in short, simple phrases) so that it be so
securely mounted as to hold a 64 oz or 40 oz full bottle without rotating
when the bottle is removed? (Again, seat tube, not seat post.) I could not
get the one I owned for a couple of years to stay put; 28 oz bottles.*

*FWIW, I've tried many other clamp on substitutes and even if they didn't
rotate, they were unsatisfactory in other ways. *

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Robert Studdiford <studdif...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Ginz and the Talk Group,
>
> I"m Robert Studdiford, President of Twofish Unlimited. Our Quick Cage will
> work fine on your seat post on any trail. Our cages have been raced on and
> off road for almost twenty years now and the design has allowed cyclist to
> go long distances with confidence and function not designed into their
> frames. As a  case in-point, my good friend Dan Hensley just took first
> place in the single speed category of the Trans Continental Divide race
> using two Quick cages, one on either side of his ridge forks holding 24oz
> bottles and he never lost one. We make all of our cages here in the USA
> and  we can hold bottles from 16oz all the way up to 64oz. When you hit
> 40oz of fluid you don't want to bolt a cage on to your frame to hold that
> weight as it will, over time ,fatigue the metal around the lugs due to the
> vibration and they will fail leaving your bike compromised and not so good
> to ride... We use our patented block and strap mounting method to spread
> the weight out and yet firmly hold the load without damaging your frame.
> Make sure your frame is clean and the mating surface of the block is clean
> when installing and everything should work just fine. The other thing that
> is nice with our cages is that if you don't need them they come off easily.
> In closing, I made this cage because my GT RST 1 Team circa 1994 did not
> have two waterbottle brackets for cages and at the time there was no Camel
> Back goin on so, I needed to take water with me and the seat post was the
> only space open for me to use so...that's the origin of the Quick Cage and
> it still works today.
>

> On Tuesday, May 5, 2015 at 6:45:10 AM UTC-7, Ginz wrote:
>>
>> Hi folks,
>>
>> Does anyone have the Two Fish strap on bottle cage?  Would it work on a
>> tall seat post on a bumpy trail (with extra strap around the bottle) or is
>> it a bit wobbly for that?
>>
>  --

Other professional writing services.
http://www.resumespecialties.com/
Patrick Moore
Alburquerque, Nouvelle Mexique,  Vereinigte Staaten

*The point which is the pivot of the norm is the motionless center of a
circumference on the rim of which all conditions, distinctions, and
individualities revolve. *Chuang Tzu

*Kinei hos eromenon. It moves as the being-loved. *Aristotle

*The Love that moves the Sun and all the other stars. *Dante