On 05/28/2015 08:56 AM, Matthew J wrote:
> I am well aware of the Herse brand. (No longer Kone's btw.).

Mike Kone and colleagues are the only bicycle builders legally able to make a bicycle under the Herse brand. Not sure the importance of who owns the name.

> That being said a Herse will not ride inherently more plush than a Boulder so I was wondering if there was another brand he is involved in. Right now all I know of is Boulder.

No. As I said, Herse is where you go for the fancy lugs and other unique add ons which Boulder avoids to keep prices modest.

> I might be misunderstanding the use of the word "plush" though which is what prompted the my question in the first place.

Perhaps I am an odd ball, but I find riding bikes with light flexible tubes and fat supple 650B tires plush, compared with say, a heavy thick tubed bike meant to move stuff.

You are not an odd ball, but it is true that there is little difference in ride between a light-tubed 650B Boulder and a light-tubed 650B Herse. Both would be "plush" if by plush you mean silky riding; however there is another definition of "plush": *rich, luxurious and expensive* and there is little doubt which the winner is by that standard.