The 40x700 Schwalbe Duremes are pretty good for fair weather DK, but they
were less than ideal for the soft muddy spots, so I ordered a set of Soma
Cazaderos last night for the Oden's Revenge at the end of the month.  My
traveling partner, Guitar Ted, built a set of 650b+ wheels for his Fargo,
and he was pretty happy with the way his bike performed.

My Paul's Touring Canti brakes caught a lot of mud and grass while walking
through the muddy section, but I saw disc braked and fat bikes having just
as much trouble as I did.  The fat bikes were picking up mud by the pound
and dumping it on the drive train; I can't imaging how many rear
derailleurs were ruined in the first 15 miles.