Mike,

Thanks for asking.

Since I decided to bring my Albatross handlebars up & back the saddle
position feels strange. My rear end feels like it wants to slide back and
when I do I run out of saddle. I slammed the saddle all the way back when I
originally installed the Albatross with a 12cm Tallux stem, when I
installed a 9cm ( I had it lying around when I took it off my Hilsen that's
another story) I thought maybe I might be able to squeeze the saddle back a
tad further. So on a recent ride I did! I finished the ride and my legs
felt really good. Back in the shop I looked at the point of contact between
seat clamp & rails. What I discovered were the front rails were not seated
inside the curvature of the clamp surface. On a Brooks B17 the rails taper
underneath the beginning of the saddle nose so I ran out of adjustment. I
figured with the offset seatpost at worst if I was wrong regarding the the
set back then, I could slide the saddle forward. I didn't consider the
amount of setback with the S84 versus the S65, looking at it now I see
that's it's a 19mm difference or 3/4/.7 of an inch. That's doesn't seem
like that much but perhaps it is. I suppose I could try the S83 but I don't
see the offset? Is the offset of the S83 the same as the S65 Crystal
Fellows?

Your thoughts?

Cheers,

~Hugh

“Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep
moving.” ― Albert Einstein

http://velocipedemusings.blogspot.com/