Drew,

I'm heading to Vancouver Island BC for a two week tour. I pine for the PNW
and further North, VI has been on my list.

Next year,  I'm planning on doing the Oregon Outback like Mark just
finished and then some tours in the Sierra's.

I'm liking the Six Moons Designs Tent tarps for lightweight compressible
shelters. There are other manufacturers out there making ultra-lightweight
shelters but then the cost skyrockets. When I toured the California coast I
used a REI two person tent. I ditched the tent and used the rain fly &
footprint. I found  on the coast that bugs weren't an issue just the dew.
This year on my tour I'm considering the same with my Marmont Eos1,  ditch
the tent for the fly & footprint and bring my Titanium Goat bivy (7oz).
That way I'll keep the weight & space at a minimum.

Here's my setup. Atlantis,  small campee rack up front with basket & shop
sack clothes only to keep the weight at a minimum. Tubus low rider rack
with two small Carradice panniers usually empty but used to carry food &
beer into camp. Acorn handle bar bag for the stuff you grab most often,
keys,  wallet, camera ect...

Rear:

Medium Sackville Saddle sack, carrying synthetic 45f degree sleeping bag,
sleeping pad, pillow, fly & bivy, cook gear stove. Supported by the Nitto
R14 top rack.

Tail Winds,

~Hugh