Boat shoes would probably be fine. I rode in Ralph Lauren fake All-Stars
high-top sneakers today, with thin wool socks. VP-001s with pins.
What BMX pedals are you getting? I have a pair of silver VP-001s coming for
the Ross C-Line makeover, but I'd like to upgrade another bike as well from
"cage" style mtb pedals.

Philip
www.biketinker.com