I've heard horrible stories of flying with your bike as far as fees.
Adventure Cycling Assoc. list this company. I plugged in the numbers and
it's about $140 round trip ship, SF>DC. Here's the link, Bike Flights:
https://www.bikeflights.com/?siteid=AC_WH_300x250 I'm thinking of shipping
to a bike store right near the trail.

Anyone else want to chip in here with getting your bike cross country?