The current records for the Tour Divide:

Men’s Jay Petervary 2012 – 15:16:04

Women’s Eszter Horanyi 2012 – 19:03:35

Both of them look to fall this year. Five men are ahead of Petervary's
2012 pace, including Jay Petervary.  Lael Wilcox is flying on the
women's side, also ahead of Horanyi's record pace.

On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:21 PM, Patrick Moore <bertin...@gmail.com> wrote:
> A quick Google turns up the info that the record (at least per Kent Peterson
> 2005) 16 days and 57 minutes. Peterson did it on a ss in 22d 3h 9m for a
> recorded 2519 miles. I wonder what gear he used.
>
> On Wed, Jun 24, 2015 at 2:59 PM, Anne Paulson <anne.paul...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm planning on about 80 days, but I'm not really sure how it's going
>> to work out.  I've been watching the Tour Divide:
>> http://trackleaders.com/tourdivide15
>>
>> The lead racers do in a day what will take me about a week. They're
>> amazingly fast. Wearing the same shorts for two weeks straight is not
>> for me, though.

-- Anne Paulson

It isn't a contest. Enjoy the ride.