I sure hope so, Chris.  Riding does seem to help loosen up the back, though
there's still a long ways to go with the recovery.  I've enjoyed reading
your blog, one of many I follow that have helped keep me motivated to get
back to biking.  I'm going to give those Albatrosses a go in a week or so.
 I know you did a lot of back and forth between them and drops before
finally settling on the Albas.  I bought a second stem so that I can swap
out the cockpit as a complete unit and just change out the cables and
housing, transfer the bar-end shifters and bell.  Should make the
transition easier and allow me to go between the drops and the Albatrosses
without too much fuss.