Were these not fairly narrow in the rear section though? I had one SST.X
and it was OK but not nearly the same shape or width as a B17. Maybe mine
was one of the later variants.

Another worth considering is a Vetta SL from the 90's. Quality lightweight
saddle with a wide cantle area.

They come fairly cheaply online:
Here's one in Canada
<http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-1993-VETTA-SL-Italian-Road-Saddle-Black-Leather-Manganese-248g-160mm-/400956726502?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item5d5ae21ce6>