On Tuesday, July 28, 2015 at 6:34:50 AM UTC-7, stevef wrote:

> And swapping bikes due to a mechanical is one thing but when they swap one
> working bike for another, say lighter one, for a climbing section, that
> seems a bit much...

I wonder if that was really the reason for the switch. After all, the UCI
has a weight limit of like 6.8 or 6.9kg (14.99lbs), so how much lighter
wouldthe new bike be?!  I suppose he could have had a heavier, more
aero bike, but they had just had to go up the HC Col de Fur prior to
climbing alpe d'huez, so why not have the lightest bike throughout
the entire race, like everyone else?  Good Luck!