Letting myself be led gently down the thread drift: last summer I saw,
marveled at, and was very tempted to buy, from Stevie's Happy Bikes in
Corrales, NM, a very, very nice Pegeout mixte city bike with bottle
generator, hidden wiring, f and r dyno lights, f and r racks, fenders, all
nicely integrated. Pot metal frame, but *nice* pot metal frame.

Then I reflected that my errand beater is a custom 2003 Curt Goodrich
Rivendell, modified by local builder Dave Porter, and further modified,
even as we speak, by local builder Chauncey Matthews. Some of us have all
the luck.

Patrick Moore, going on a wheel-building (or, rather, "wheel-being-built")
spree to prepare for the new Compass Elk Pass. (Yep; my beater will be shod
with $75 tires; as will my fogast.)

Someone please buy or trade for my 650C collection of very nice rims and
tires, and my surplus 559 road-type rims. No reasonable offer* turned down!

*Guess who defines "reasonable"?