That's a wonderful story, Leah!  I enjoyed every word.  We live very close
to our local elementary school, and a great proportion of the neighborhood
kids walk, but I don't see them biking.  It's weird.  Our kids are
home-schooled, so they don't do the morning rush.
Also, I really wish my family lived close enough to yours to take you up on
that dinner offer!  A guest menu!  Man!